Thursday, December 1, 2011

Time time time time time....

We're all a slave to it. We're all wasting away seconds, minutes, hours and days at a time. In college, I always joked with friends that I was getting them a box of time for Christmas or their birthday. A box full of free time. Free from responsibility or consequence.

I think it all boils down to the fact that I wish there were real Hyperbolic Time Chambers. I'm a huge nerd. Dragon Ball Z had it right. 
What would you do with a year of free time that would pass as a day in the outside world? That's right, I'd go Super Saiyin, too.
That book you've always wanted to write, the artwork you never produced, those sit ups that just never happened. It would be epic. Change your whole body, rearrange your thoughts. Come out 24 hours later a new and better version of your past self. Maybe with a little bit of that horrible loneliness factor, but it'd be easy with the buddy system. If you're not alone, it may be easier to survive the year. That'd be an amazing experience. Who would you bring? What would you do?
Then consider: all the time of the day we all spend mindlessly droning over profile pics and status updates. The hours spent half-laughing at memes on reddit whilst complaining that there's not enough time in the day. Make the time. If something's important to you, then just fuckin' do it. I need to write. That's right, need. I've opened up these floodgates, and now my day doesn't feel complete without getting some grouping of words down. Maybe it'll make you consider your own lives, maybe it's just helping me through my own issues. Maybe it's still all futile. I don't want to be selling ebooks. Let's stop chopping down trees for paper. I vow to print anything I get published in the future on hemp paper. Grow magical hemp and help save the world. Silly, silly governments. The world would be a much better place if there was mandatory cannabis intake. We'd be docile and friendlier. Yes, we'd be unlikely to support unfounded evidence involving a mass takeover of distant lands of this planet, but everyone would be happier. Even you.

Toke up, take a look inside and reacquaint yourself with yourself. It's time we took those misspent hours of the day and started putting them towards the actual goals we wish to accomplish. Life's flying by, and if you don't move right along with it, you'll be left in the dust, wracked with solemnity and regret. Get over your qualms and just create your deepest desires.

Create. Create. Create.

1 comment: